Typhani is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctor said that I may be perimenapause, whatever that means all I know is I have a terrible time sleeping at night. First, I am freezing cold, then I feel like my bed just combusted into flames and I am extremely hot. This goes on all night long waking me up constantly throughout the night. Oh, I forgot to mention that they have me taking iron due to my level being so low. This is why I go from hot to cold so often. So, I thought there has to be some ladies here that have some natural suggestion for this. I will try anything at this point to get some sleep at night. My doctor has suggested estrogen but I don't want to go that route. I have not slept well now in over a month. I have timed it now, it comes every twenty minutes ans lasts for a couple of minutes and then I am freezing cold again. I am getting grumpy and very aggiatated. I can deal with the hotflashes during the day, but I need some sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old are you may I ask? My doctor told me the same thing and I wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet from sweat. Then I will become extremely cold. It's a mess..

Have you asked your doctor to give something to help you to sleep?
    Natural since 1998.
    Member on Nappturality since 2003
    Proud NOTM May 2005

http://www.facebook.com/jazitones?ref=name

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 44 years young and you have never been so right, its a mess. First you break out in a complete sweat and then you are freezing cold. My doctor is still in denial that I could be in the stages of menopause and wants to wait to see the results of my blood test. In the mean time I am just having a hard time sleeping at night. My mother has no suggestions for me she can remember having night sweats but not as often as they are occurring with me. So I was hoping someone here could suggest something that may help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 44 years young and you have never been so right, its a mess. First you break out in a complete sweat and then you are freezing cold. My doctor is still in denial that I could be in the stages of menopause and wants to wait to see the results of my blood test. In the mean time I am just having a hard time sleeping at night. My mother has no suggestions for me she can remember having night sweats but not as often as they are occurring with me. So I was hoping someone here could suggest something that may help.
    [/b]

Okay try taking about 800 IU of Vitamin E. My mother took this everday and she said it works. I just started taking them and so far so good. Also blood test might tell you something and it might not. My test showed that I wasn't pre-meno, but I know how I feel. CRAZY! first this :acksmiley: and then this :crying: it's a mess. :lol:
    Natural since 1998.
    Proud NOTM May 2005

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, thanks for responding JaziTones. I am going to try this and hopefully it will work for me as well. I don't know what the blood test is going to show and I don't care what it shows. I know what I am going through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SiennaMoonshine Guest

You might also have a thyroid imbalance. Oprah did a show about this problem recently. After treating the condition, she felt much better.

I am trying a supplement to help balance the thyroid activity. It is too soon to review it, but so far, it seems to be effective.

To help you sleep, I recommend a handful of walnuts a half hour or so before you go to sleep. I saw this tip on a health spot on a FOX News show and it has worked well for me for the past three weeks or so that I have been following it. You can also take a supplement of tryptophan or 5-HTP. This will help you relax and go to sleep. It is non-habit forming and there is no 'hang-over' like you can get from over-the-counter sleep aids.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might also have a thyroid imbalance. Oprah did a show about this problem recently. After treating the condition, she felt much better.

I am trying a supplement to help balance the thyroid activity. It is too soon to review it, but so far, it seems to be effective.

To help you sleep, I recommend a handful of walnuts a half hour or so before you go to sleep. I saw this tip on a health spot on a FOX News show and it has worked well for me for the past three weeks or so that I have been following it. You can also take a supplement of tryptophan or 5-HTP. This will help you relax and go to sleep. It is non-habit forming and there is no 'hang-over' like you can get from over-the-counter sleep aids.

[/b]

that I do have for sure. Those two together are a mother.
    Natural since 1998.
    Proud NOTM May 2005

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vit E huh? Sounds like a good plan to me. Typhani melatonin is also good for aiding sleep. My husband take this on the regular. In the summer with the longer days here it works like a charm for us.
    my fotki
    password is np updated 8/31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vit E huh? Sounds like a good plan to me. Typhani melatonin is also good for aiding sleep. My husband take this on the regular. In the summer with the longer days here it works like a charm for us.
    [/b]

Oh girl I use to travel to Anchorage and I know I would have seasonal depression long dark days would surely do me in. Not to mention the long day light as well.
    Natural since 1998.
    Proud NOTM May 2005

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am perimenopausal too. But both my endocrinologist and my gyn thinks it's too early..
    How can they say this when perimenopause can begin around 5-7 years before menopause, and there is no set age for everyone's menopause!! :Angry:

I'm like y'all, I know how I feel..

One of my biggest problems is memory loss and other subtle cognitive changes, like transposing letters in words I'm typing. I've just started taking a B-complex vitamin for this, so I'm hoping it'll help. I also know that lowering my intake of sweets and starches will help my insulin levels, as well as all those other endocrine issues it affects..

As for nighttime heat, I've been trying black cohosh, and sometimes Estroven. I've also been trying to increase my intake of soy foods. They help some. One thing I want to try is one of those 'never get hot' pillows ^_^ . I get tired of flipping or rotating four pillows every night. I love it when the weather turns cold.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast