Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just interested in seeing if there is any relationship between the rate of hair growth and the rate of nail growth. For example, if my nails grow 1/2 an inch each month, can I assume that my hair will grow at that same rate, or half that rate maybe?

Anyone? :-P

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about nail growth, but your hair does grow (usually) about a 1/2 inch a month
    http://members.fotki.com/sjdancer69/ has been updated: October 19, 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by sjdancer@Mar 28 2004, 03:31 PM
    I don't know about nail growth, but your hair does grow (usually) about a 1/2 inch a month
    Yes I know.

I have never checked to see if my hair actually grows this 1/2 an inch per month, so I was just wondering if there was a way to look at my nails at the end of the month and somehow calculate how much my hair must have grown. Since hair, nails, skin, are all made of modified cells of the same type of tissue.

Ammee is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wondered about that too.
    My Blogs
    "Secrets and Lies" the movie
    Information about Scholarships, grants, awards, internships

(moonchild @ Mar 28 2005, 12:21 PM)
    "I always say the lesson is impermanence. We think of locs as permanent but they're not. Even a loc, the most intricate braid, can be unraveled. Just like our problems and conflicts."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Miss Popularity@Mar 28 2004, 07:40 PM
    Just interested in seeing if there is any relationship between the rate of hair growth and the rate of nail growth. For example, if my nails grow 1/2 an inch each month, can I assume that my hair will grow at that same rate, or half that rate maybe?

Anyone? :-P
    :rainfro
    hi there,i was always told by teachers/family/hairdressers that there is
    relationship between hair and nail growth.

nails grow at a rate of 1mm per week they are mainly made up of a protein called KERATIN.
    this protein is also found in hair and you can find shampoo etc that contain it.

a year ago a hairdresser(?) burnt off all my hair so i started taking SILICA gel with every meal as this is a natural connective element found in hair and nails.my hair is very strong now and so are my nails! :razz

alma2254 Guest

When my nails seem to grow faster -I know I'm healthier and my hair must be growing healthy too.

~peace and blessings~
    *alma*
    Last update: Mar. 27th
    http://public.fotki.com/alma2254/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...SILICA GEL... I thought that was the stuff that's always in your shoe box with a warning on the little pack saying DO NOT EAT :shocked . Is it the same or is there a diff one thats safe to injest?
    Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

8. Likes cutenappygrl liked this post
    ooooo Guest

there is a different one that is safe to ingest. they are available as nutritional supplements at the health food store or online.

my nails are super strong. i've been drinking fruit smoothies with nutribiotic rice protein powder for 6 or 7 months now and my nails are long and strong. i think they'll all be long and even sometime next month - long as acrylic nails!!! yahoo!!! i've never had such long nails in my life.

my hair is different from my nails. i think nails are more protein than hair. it takes 6 months to grow a completely new nail. my nail is about 1/2 an inch from the base to the top of the finger so that means it takes 6 months to grow 1/2 an inch of nail. they say HAIR grows about 1/2 an inch per MONTH. so i guess nails grow 1/12 of an inch per month.

so there's your ratio. hair grows 1/2 an inch and nails grow 1/12 of an inch every month.

EbonyEyes Guest

There's no correlation with me. My nails grow and have always grown extremely, extemely slowly. My hair, however grows at a good rate of 1/2-1in per month.

The vitamins I'm taking seem to be helping my hair growth rate, but my nail growth is still at a snail's pace.

I don't know how to get my nails to grow any faster.

-Ebony

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. My nails grow very easily and very quickly but my hair doesnt seem to grow as fast. But then again, my hair has always had this little breaking off problem so I really dont know exactly how fast it actually grows.

thanks for the responses!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast