Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt so good the other day

My moms friend is visiting from Canada and i went to pick her up from the airport. I was wearing a wig since i had just bc'd the night before and i still needed to get the moisterizing part down right. So anyways, we get to my moms house and everyone's talking, when Tecla (the friend) says "Your hair looks cute Catrina, but my favorite is when you have your little afro...if i could do that i would always keep it like that!". (She is talking about the first time i bc'd and went natural) I told her i just cut it, and of course she was like, why didnt i leave it out and all that.

Which actually brings me onto something else....

Why is it that the white side of my family LOVES my hair natural. I dont see them often since they live in Canada...but when i do see them they always cant stop complimenting me lol....however the black half of my family acts like when i go natural its the end of the world! I do have a cousin who is natural...but she went through it hard. It's really sad.

Membername on fotki: proudmama

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="font-family:arial">Girl, I wonder the same thing! I experience that when I&#39;m at work though. I can see the shock on some of the white people&#39;s faces when I wear my puffs, but no one has actually said anything and there is one white girl that just recently complimented me on wearing it natural by saying she likes how i&#39;ve been wearing it lately. The black people seem to just think I&#39;m an alien like they can&#39;t believe I have the nerve to let out our "secret" about how our hair truly looks...w/o a re.laxer. At first, I was really upset about it, but I&#39;m now, I&#39;m hoping to change some minds. I did see another girl who either wears twa&#39;s all the time or she recently bc&#39;d. She&#39;s beautiful and I wonder if anyone has said anything crazy to her. I really wish we were more supportive of one another though. <_< </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: @ "can&#39;t believe I have the nerve to let out our "secret" about how our hair truly looks...w/o a re.laxer."

Thats exactly how their expressions look!! Thats funny!

Virginia-Between Richmond and VA Beach...
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that many many more of our folk would not be afraid/ashamed or embarrassed of our true hair texture... I was never ashamed of those that were nappy, I actually admired them-- and I am so glad that my time arrived for me to join them... :wub:

5 Years of Nappiness as of Nov 26, 2010 and this is my 5th year on Nappturality!

Trust in God NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that many many more of our folk would not be afraid/ashamed or embarrassed of our true hair texture... I was never ashamed of those that were nappy, I actually admired them-- and I am so glad that my time arrived for me to join them... :wub:
    [/b]
    i know what you mean. I admire those who are natural, and that actually what made me decide to go natural. I thought (and still do think) all the different textures were so beautiful!

CeSoul is offline Active Nappturality Member
    That place in your head where music resides.
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know what you mean. I admire those who are natural, and that actually what made me decide to go natural. I thought (and still do think) all the different textures were so beautiful!
    [/b]
    I&#39;ve always though so as well. When I see someone with natural I alwas encourage them by saying, "Your hair is beautiful", or, "Nice hair brotha".
    I remember the first time I met a brother with a twist out. It was after a performance and he knew my mom. I wanted to do it to, and he encouraged me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy to report that I got a lot of supporting comments about my twa from my fellow black men and women

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy to report that I got a lot of supporting comments about my twa from my fellow black men and women
    [/b]
    Thats great! Ive gotten alot also in the short time that i have had mine Its basically family members who i have noticed had the hardest time getting use to it! Oh well :rolleyes:

lafemmenakia Guest

I remember when I first went natural and I happened to be feeling incredibly insecure one day-about how short my hair was. Anyhow, I was at the checkout counter at Wallyworld and an older white woman told me how much she loved my hair and how great it looked on me. I had a Kool-Aid smile for about a week. That&#39;s why I try and compliment people as often as I can b/c compliments make people feel good.
    Now, on the other hand when my roommate saw my natural hair she said that it would look good if only I put a weak chemical fire cream in it. She is black by the way.

EDIT: Don&#39;t you just love how the forums automatically change words to WCFC and CFC?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also noticed how whites are attracted to our natural hair like my bonus mom is from Gremany and she loves my hair and all the different things I&#39;m trying and my co workers are in love with my hair. but my immediate family (mom, sister, aunt etc) hates it.
    finally I created my fotki....check it out!
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/toniua/"]http://public.fotki.com/toniua/[/url] pw:southerngirl

[url="http://www.tickercentral.com"][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/9brq/2.png[/img][/url]
    [url="http://www.tickercentral.com"][img]http://www.tickercentral.com/view/9brq/3.png[/img][/url]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast