Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's because I haven't gone to the black hair section of too many stores in a while, but the other day I was in an Ulta beauty store/salon and just happened to walk by the small black hair product section and right there next to the relaxers are Rogaine for women products. And it just took me back like :shock this. It's just like they're promoting this product to black women as a result of using the product that caused the hair loss which is being sold right next to the cure. It's like selling chmotherapy pills on the same shelf as cigarettes or something. And then of course I did not see these Rogaine for women products in the other hair section of the store.

It just seems so bizarre to me that we as a people are perfectly OK with blatently destroying our selves even so much that we have rogaine cashing in on this and it's blaring right at us as we purchase our creamy crack. I'm curious to see others thoughts on this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it was there because they just put it there. i don't think it's a hidden message to black women. they market it to all women, not just black women.
    locs:12/12/02-9/9/2006, reborn 9/20/07

blog:aquababie's world
    1st locs
    2nd locs

Aquababie Handmade....Crafted from my hands to yours!
    aqua on etsy

NP Approval code 775

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aquababie,

maybe you are right. I just didn't see those products being sold anywhere else in the store.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true. Lots of hair companies market to black people because that is where the money is. As a group, we spend more money on our hair than any other group of people. This is also, why the majority of black owned hair companies have been pushed out of the market .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't see what is wrong with it. heck, it is not the company putting the stuff in their heads. if people are doing it to themselves then why should the company not cash in. i would.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by brittanynic@Apr 5 2004, 04:45 PM
    i don't see what is wrong with it. heck, it is not the company putting the stuff in their heads. if people are doing it to themselves then why should the company not cash in. i would.
    You would not be able to compete with the number of white owned companies that have their hands in our hair. They sell us the creamy crack knowing that we will eventually need to buy supporting products such as emergency repair kits. When that fails, they sell us the wigs, weaves, braids and phony ponytails to cover up the damaged spots. Lastly, for those who want to grow their own hair back, they sell us the Rogaine. However, once you stop using Rogaine, your hair will fall right back out. Therefore, you are eternally dependent on their product to keep what little hair you have left.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see anything wrong with it
    My Great-Grandmother always said, "If you dont have your health, you dont have anything." She was right.

Heathy Living Tips

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like it, maybe it will cause somebody to get a clue. :lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nivea+Apr 5 2004, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nivea @ Apr 5 2004, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brittanynic@Apr 5 2004, 04:45 PM
    i don&#39;t see what is wrong with it. heck, it is not the company putting the stuff in their heads. if people are doing it to themselves then why should the company not cash in. i would.
    You would not be able to compete with the number of white owned companies that have their hands in our hair. They sell us the creamy crack knowing that we will eventually need to buy supporting products such as emergency repair kits. When that fails, they sell us the wigs, weaves, braids and phony ponytails to cover up the damaged spots. Lastly, for those who want to grow their own hair back, they sell us the Rogaine. However, once you stop using Rogaine, your hair will fall right back out. Therefore, you are eternally dependent on their product to keep what little hair you have left. [/b][/quote]
    i am making note of that so that i can remember and share with others...very interesting.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nivea@Apr 5 2004, 05:03 PM
    Lastly, for those who want to grow their own hair back, they sell us the Rogaine. However, once you stop using Rogaine, your hair will fall right back out. Therefore, you are eternally dependent on their product to keep what little hair you have left.
    Yup! Rogaine (minoxidil) isn&#39;t a product that was developed for hair growth... it was developed and still used as a blood pressure medication... it just so happened that "hair growth" was a side effect, and the pharmecueutical companies ran with it! It&#39;s easier to cash in on it as an OTC treatment as opposed to a blood pressure pill.

But yeah, as soon as you d/c treatment... *poof*! The new hair is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast