Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone!

This introductory post is long overdue, considering I’ve been a member for 4 years and completely natural for 1.5 years. I’ve been so busy reading and admiring all of your stories, photos and advice that I never quite got around to doing any posting of my own. ^_^

First and foremost, I just want to thank the members of Nappturality for being the source of inspiration behind my decision to go natural. I remember looking through the albums of melanizm13, afashionslave, Sweet Africa (and countless others) when a light bulb went off in my head.:icon_thinkerg: The photos, the posts, the forums, and the constant support on this site helped me to wake up and realize that black IS beautiful! :afro:

My last dose of creamy crack was in October of ’06. I transitioned for 5 months and Big Chopped on Feb. 19, 2007. I didn’t realize how confining permed hair was until I experienced the freedom of wearing my natural hair. Man, these days I can walk in the rain, work up a sweat at the gym, and take an impromptu trip to the beach or pool without fear of “messing up my hair.” Instead of wasting all day Saturday in the salon getting permed, burned and abused, I now use that free time to LIVE LIFE the way it was meant to be--free and full of adventures! :yes:

If there is anyone out there with any doubts as to whether they should go natural, let me just encourage you to go on and get your nappy on! Its healthy, its edgy and best of all, it’s the real you.

Visit my album at http://www.fotki.com/shellabug

[SIZE=2][b]Living Nappily and Happily since 2/19/07[/b]</span>

check out my album at<span style="color:#FF0000"> [url="http://www.fotki.com/shellabug"]www.fotki.com/shellabug[/url][/SIZE]

[img]http://images49.fotki.com/v1495/filetlo0/4d567/1/1359479/6836224/0512092134a.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="font-family:arial">I&#39;m in love with your hair! :wub: Very pretty!</span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. Your hair is so beautiful and thick and I love your twistout.