1 oz (25g) Fresh Rosemary Leaves
2 pints (1l) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apricot oil (for lite extraction) or Avocado Oil (for a deeper condition) to cover
1 clear or blue glass bottle with air-proof stopper
- Clean and sterilize your jar to the best of your ability.
- Pick one once 25g (1oz) fresh rosemary leaves. Do not bruise the leaves. Place into jar.
- Add oil to leaves to cover and place in a darkened cool place for at least 2 weeks.
- Using the cheesecloth, strain oil into smaller jars.
- Store in a cool, dry place and refrigerate if not using within 2 months.
To use as a rinse:
Before your shampoo, add 10 – 20ml (1 – 2 dessert spoons) of the Rosemary Vinegar to a jar of warm water and pour over your hair after your normal shampoo/conditioner routine as the final rinse.
As a treatment for dandruff and aid in hair growth:
On dry hair and before washing, massage the undiluted Rosemary Vinegar deeply and gently into your scalp. Leave on 20 – 30 minutes, then wash and condition as usual.
Try adding a few drops of Lavender EO or Veviter EO to both the final rinse and the dandruff treatments.
Warnings and contraindications
Use cautiously during pregnancy. Do not use if suffering from fever or an excessive heat condition. Not for use for people allergic to any ingredients in this recipe.
Disclaimer for all my homemade hair recipes. I make my own hair and skin products. I use them with great results. Everyone is different and feel free to tweak any recipe to suit yourself. As with any homemade product, prepare carefully and use responsibly. It's up to you to do your due diligence and care.
Add to Favorites