Here is my method in steps, twisting right over left:
1. Section your hair, and divide the section into two equal pieces.
2. Fold over a length of the extension hair so that the ends are even.
3. Twist the middle of the extension hair twice to make a coil.
4. Place the coiled center of the extension hair over the parted section of your hair.
5. Hold in place with your left index finger.
6. Grab your hair and the extension hair and coil together to the RIGHT until tight.
7. Do the same with the other side, but ensure you also coil to the RIGHT. If you do not coil the divided sections in the same direction, your extension will not be secure at the base.
8. Once both sides are coiled, begin to twist right over left. While twisting, coil the rightmost section to the RIGHT once (away from the direction of the twist). You can either do this by twisting your wrist or by rolling the hair between your thumb and index finger.
9. With the first two twisting motions, twist tightly, one twist on top of the other, at the base of the two strand twist.
10. Twist to the length desired, keeping the tension even.
11. When you get to the end, you can either cut the hair, curl the ends using the boiling water method or let it remain loose. I don’t recommend burning the ends when you do kinky twist extensions. In my opinion, it’s fine for braids, but looks unnatural on kinky (Marley) twists.