½ ripe avocado (not over-ripe!)
1 egg yolk
2 tbs olive oil (optional)
Plastic wrap or shower cap
- Before starting, section your hair into workable sections
- Whip the avocado in your blender until it is smooth and no lumps remain. This is very important. Make sure you whip the avocado until it is completely smooth and light. Use the medium or high setting.
- Separate the egg and add the egg yolk after the avocado is whipped.
- Apply the avocado mixture to your hair, working from the back and towards the front. Be sure to coat well from scalp to ends. Do not pull your hair while applying
- Wrap your hair in plastic wrap or put on a shower cap and leave on for 20 - 30 minutes
- Rinse very thoroughly.
- Shampoo and condition as usual
- If you used olive oil, you will need to use shampoo and not the no shampoo method.