Blogs & Posts
- Danger: Natural Hair Expectations Read 9523 times
- Grapeseed Oil Read 8064 times
- All About Comfrey Read 6791 times
- Argan Oil Read 8323 times
- Embracing the Silvering Crown - Naturally Graying Hair Read 21116 times
- Afro Puffs & Frohawks Read 7740 times
- Single Strand Knots - How to Fix That Read 10713 times
Patricia Gaines aka Deecoily is the founder and creator of Nappturality in 2002, the beginning of the natural hair movement. Since 2000 she has been blogging on all things natural hair, Black culture and politics.
Castor oil has been used by humans for over 4000 years for a variety of uses including as an insecticide, lubricant and as an anti-fungal ointment.
I like to refer to jojoba oil as "liquid gold" for napptural hair. It is golden, rich but light with a soft texture and nutty aroma. It is by far the best oil you will find for your hair and scalp.
Coconut is currently one of the most popular of all the oils used in natural hair care. You will find it in just about every natural hair leave in product claiming moisturizing and smoothing properties.
Argan oil is worthy of the "holy grail" title oil for both skin and hair. It can be used alone or blended, especially with coconut oil.