Blogs & Posts
- Does Dirty Natural Hair Grow Faster? Read 20071 times
- Grapeseed Oil Read 8004 times
- Micellar Water. Skincare Holy Grail Read 1618 times
- Petrolatum. What They Don't Tell You Read 3084 times
- Suave Naturals - Know Your Ingredients Read 2915 times
- Lavender Essentials Read 4554 times
- Why I Love Lupita Nyong’o Read 6349 times
Patricia Gaines aka Deecoily is the founder and creator of Nappturality in 2002, the beginning of the natural hair movement. Since 2000 she has been blogging on all things natural hair, Black culture and politics.
We often hear our hair being referred to as having “elasticity” but what does this really mean and why is it important for natural hair?
We all know it's happening and we cannot be reminded too much that our natural hair is still being vilified in the mainstream world.
The words “clumpy” and “chunky” brings some not-so-pretty things to mind, except in the world of natural hair, where the words are viewed as a neat thing our natural hair does. I have heard the terms “chunky puff”, “chunky ‘fro” and “chunky wash-and-go” used separately but all relating to the same general look.
Have you been accosted by strangers and friends reaching out to touch your natural tresses? Have you almost gotten whiplash from trying to avoid all the pokers, grabbers and feelers? Yeah, me too. And as the years have gone by, it is still happening.