- The Myth of Militancy Read 2400 times
- BIG Hair. Wanna go there? Read 4932 times
- Caring for Locs - Avoiding Buildup Read 34937 times
- Transitioner Quiz Read 17978 times
- Keeping Natural Hair Moisturized Read 1039 times
- Power Shine Vinegar Rinse Read 12895 times
- Viola Davis' Fro Slayed Us All Read 6515 times
Displaying items by tag: transitioning
It's not new. Afro hair has been around for millenia. And it wasn't always hated by its wearers. In other countries it was celebrated, styled into gravity-defying crowns of glory.
Transitioning starts out easy, but it gets harder and harder both physically and mentally. Growing out your natural hair, especially if you have been using relaxers for a long time will present many challenges.
Back in the early days of the natural movement, the most over-used phrase was “curl definition”. Every second post on the forum was about somebody trying to get that “curl definition” and “curlpop” and “3b” and the “holy grail product” or routine that would give the"4's" "3b" hair. Out of this quest came multi-stage curl product layering, 3 hour styling sessions using stiffening creams, rubber bands and bonnet dryer sessions.
I want to stop relaxing. What do I do?
Starting to grow out your relaxer can be scary and we understand that. There are many factors to take into account when you are trying to decide if you should enroll in School 1 BIG CHOP or School 2 TRANSITION. This quiz will help you work out which School is for you?