PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

BlackPearls
01-16-2007, 09:56 AM
It's official, Windows has launched their new operating system entitled "VISTA" What do you think?

http://images19.fotki.com/v35/photos/7/743958/4356099/WindowsVista-vi.jpg

Web Site Link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

NappilyEvahAftah
01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I think I may give it a go, once they release the second edition. If Bill did what he did when XP came out (released without giving software companies time to make their products compatible), it's gonna be a hot mess.

XP is fine for me, now. My computer is Vista-ready and if things look good a few months down the road, I may switch. I've seen the beta version, and it's okay. But, I wasn't jumpin' up and down.

BlackPearls
01-17-2007, 08:23 AM
I felt the same way, the features and changes don't appear to be anything to become excited about. I've already installed windows 7.0 on my xp operating system and it works well. Definitely prefer the tabbed viewing.

IT techs at my job has said the new operating system has an entire new look and feel and is more or less centred on improved user functions as oppose to new software etc.

We'll see...

Ananse
01-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I think I may give it a go, once they release the second edition. If Bill did what he did when XP came out (released without giving software companies time to make their products compatible), it's gonna be a hot mess.

XP is fine for me, now. My computer is Vista-ready and if things look good a few months down the road, I may switch. I've seen the beta version, and it's okay. But, I wasn't jumpin' up and down.
[/b]

:pointlaugh: :lol:

Amen to that!!

nappynita
02-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I waited until the launch of Vista to purchase a new laptop. To be honest, I don't see too much of a difference. Nothing to really get excited about. :unsure:

Fuesha
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I waited until the launch of Vista to purchase a new laptop. To be honest, I don't see too much of a difference. Nothing to really get excited about. :unsure:
[/b]

Ditto...you said it. Besides alot of software and things arent even compatiable with it yet. its ok and all but it can be waited on.

BlackPearls
03-20-2007, 06:34 AM
Hmm I figured, not enough of a change to rave about huh

Darkbrown
06-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Bumping................

Ok...tryna figure out how to present this to y'all :unsure: :dunno:

I was thinking about purchasing a laptop with windows vista on it. I support PC's and networks for a living. So, this new OS I was not feeling. I think I will be using a UNIX OS at home. Looked at all the laptops at stores in the midwest with Vista on it. I thought it looked to busy. Too much going on the desktop. So my brother decides he want to look in the Apple store. I really dreaded this. But my curiosity got the better of me.

I'm looking at the macs...
I'm thinking...this desktop look so familiar. :doh It looks uncanily similar to Windows Vista. Okay, no offense to Mac users. But I gotta a feelin that in the future, you won't be able to tell a Mac desktop from a Windows desktop.

:doh That's right !!! Bill Gates owns both Apple and Windows companies. Get ready for some headaches people (especially tech people).. There maybe a conversion of both operating systems.

The views expressed above are my own opinion(s) and does not reflect the feelings of anyone who reads this statement !!!!!!!!

Hamira
06-24-2007, 06:31 PM
I&#39;ll give them another year to work the bugs out, then I may make the switch. I do love my XP though. I&#39;m trying to buy a laptop and I&#39;ll be danged if I&#39;m forced to switch to Vista <_<

tea1234
06-24-2007, 10:58 PM
When I bought my computer it came with Vista. To me it&#39;s just eyecandy. I&#39;m used to it now, but when I first got it I wanted my XP back so bad :P .

LadyBug13
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Bumping................

Ok...tryna figure out how to present this to y&#39;all :unsure: :dunno:

I was thinking about purchasing a laptop with windows vista on it. I support PC&#39;s and networks for a living. So, this new OS I was not feeling. I think I will be using a UNIX OS at home. Looked at all the laptops at stores in the midwest with Vista on it. I thought it looked to busy. Too much going on the desktop. So my brother decides he want to look in the Apple store. I really dreaded this. But my curiosity got the better of me.

I&#39;m looking at the macs...
I&#39;m thinking...this desktop look so familiar. :doh It looks uncanily similar to Windows Vista. Okay, no offense to Mac users. But I gotta a feelin that in the future, you won&#39;t be able to tell a Mac desktop from a Windows desktop.

:doh That&#39;s right !!! Bill Gates owns both Apple and Windows companies. Get ready for some headaches people (especially tech people).. There maybe a conversion of both operating systems.

The views expressed above are my own opinion(s) and does not reflect the feelings of anyone who reads this statement !!!!!!!!
[/b]

Hmmm...I didn&#39;t know Bill owned Apple as well.

I was told that with all the new security features on Vista, people who use peer-to-peer software like Limewire or Kazaa won&#39;t be able to use them anymore.

Darkbrown
06-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Bumping .........

I was told that with all the new security features on Vista, people who use peer-to-peer software like Limewire or Kazaa won&#39;t be able to use them anymore.
[/b]

You can thank Bill Gates for that :Angry:

tea1234
06-26-2007, 11:48 PM
[/b]

You can still use p2p&#39;s. I&#39;m using one now... :)

Camille98
06-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Ummmm, I&#39;ve worked in the computer industry for about 14+ years now, mainly doing all types of programming (windows and web development), and I have never heard anything about Bill Gates owning Apple, Inc. I can&#39;t even begin to imagine that the SEC, other government agencies, nor any of those anti-Microsoft agencies would even allow Bill Gates to have such dominance over the computer industry given that they had already tried to break apart his company just a few years ago. I&#39;m sorry, but allowing Bill Gates to own a stake in both companies just really does not sound plausible to me. Is there a website or something that actually states that he owns both companies? I&#39;m not trying to slam you, I just couldn&#39;t find anything that linked Bill Gates with Apple and wanted to be able to verify this information. I just hate to have misinformation given out to people who may not know otherwise.

Also, and I&#39;m sure that you&#39;ve already heard these things if you work in the computer industry, supposedly Microsoft (i.e. Bill Gates) has "stolen" a lot of the Windows platform&#39;s components from Apple. If that is the case, that would be a main reason why you got the feeling that the platforms look the same. I don&#39;t really pay too much attention to Macs, given that I work strictly with Microsoft products, and as such, all of the computer products that I have at home are Microsoft products. Plus, it would be more likely for me to be able to find software compatible for Windows than it would be for a Mac, thus the reason why I haven&#39;t considered switching.

Thanks.

Bumping................

Ok...tryna figure out how to present this to y&#39;all :unsure: :dunno:

I was thinking about purchasing a laptop with windows vista on it. I support PC&#39;s and networks for a living. So, this new OS I was not feeling. I think I will be using a UNIX OS at home. Looked at all the laptops at stores in the midwest with Vista on it. I thought it looked to busy. Too much going on the desktop. So my brother decides he want to look in the Apple store. I really dreaded this. But my curiosity got the better of me.

I&#39;m looking at the macs...
I&#39;m thinking...this desktop look so familiar. :doh It looks uncanily similar to Windows Vista. Okay, no offense to Mac users. But I gotta a feelin that in the future, you won&#39;t be able to tell a Mac desktop from a Windows desktop.

:doh That&#39;s right !!! Bill Gates owns both Apple and Windows companies. Get ready for some headaches people (especially tech people).. There maybe a conversion of both operating systems.

[/b]

herowneulogy
12-06-2007, 06:46 PM
[/b]

You can run Limewire. As with all OS, you just have to disable the firewall.

Vista sucks. It takes forever to load and it doesn&#39;t run DOS programs on it at all (lacks the nvdst to run these programs).

I am sick to death of it.

P.S. I agree with Camille. You can&#39;t hold a monopoly on the whole computer industry. There&#39;s such thing as anti-trust laws.

BKjc41907
12-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Vista sucks. It takes forever to load
I am sick to death of it.

[/b]
ok then its not just me
i thought something was wrong with my laptop

missgee
12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BY THIS PRODUCT. CUSTOMERS ARE ACTUALLY DOWNGRADING BACK TO WINDOWS XP BECAUSE IT&#39;S SO BAD.

JustKei
12-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I hated that I had to get Vista. I would downgrade to XP but I void my warranty by doing so...or so I am told. As an IT prof. I was so disappointed when I can no longer run a telnet session. Not to mention a lot of applications/tools I need for work are not compatible....

happy_nappy
12-13-2007, 06:43 PM
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT BY THIS PRODUCT. CUSTOMERS ARE ACTUALLY DOWNGRADING BACK TO WINDOWS XP BECAUSE IT&#39;S SO BAD.
[/b]

LOL yeah I must admit its nothing to call home about ....I&#39;ll be surfing away and the IE will close .....I must admit Vista is pretty on the eyes .....eye candy like someone else stated ...but thats about all

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
12-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Vista :Angry:

BrnNappyGrl
12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL yeah I must admit its nothing to call home about ....I&#39;ll be surfing away and the IE will close .....I must admit Vista is pretty on the eyes .....eye candy like someone else stated ...but thats about all
[/b]

That high;ighted part really pizzes me the fluck off!

Can a sistah get a warning screen or something?!?! Stupid OS! <_<

SweetHoneyLocs
12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
I could be wrong on this, but from what I heard. Bill Gates use to work for Apple and when he came up with the idea of windows Apple basically laughed at him. So he quit his job with Apple and went into business for himself. That is why so many people associate Apple computes with Bill Gates. So I am more inclined to believe Apple copied Windows platform.

Ummmm, I&#39;ve worked in the computer industry for about 14+ years now, mainly doing all types of programming (windows and web development), and I have never heard anything about Bill Gates owning Apple, Inc. I can&#39;t even begin to imagine that the SEC, other government agencies, nor any of those anti-Microsoft agencies would even allow Bill Gates to have such dominance over the computer industry given that they had already tried to break apart his company just a few years ago. I&#39;m sorry, but allowing Bill Gates to own a stake in both companies just really does not sound plausible to me. Is there a website or something that actually states that he owns both companies? I&#39;m not trying to slam you, I just couldn&#39;t find anything that linked Bill Gates with Apple and wanted to be able to verify this information. I just hate to have misinformation given out to people who may not know otherwise.

Also, and I&#39;m sure that you&#39;ve already heard these things if you work in the computer industry, supposedly Microsoft (i.e. Bill Gates) has "stolen" a lot of the Windows platform&#39;s components from Apple. If that is the case, that would be a main reason why you got the feeling that the platforms look the same. I don&#39;t really pay too much attention to Macs, given that I work strictly with Microsoft products, and as such, all of the computer products that I have at home are Microsoft products. Plus, it would be more likely for me to be able to find software compatible for Windows than it would be for a Mac, thus the reason why I haven&#39;t considered switching.

Thanks.
[/b]

BrnNappyGrl
12-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I could be wrong on this, but from what I heard. Bill Gates use to work for Apple and when he came up with the idea of windows Apple basically laughed at him. So he quit his job with Apple and went into business for himself. That is why so many people associate Apple computes with Bill Gates. So I am more inclined to believe Apple copied Windows platform.
[/b]

If you ever get a chance to watch Pirates of Silicon Valley, you&#39;ll see the "true" story.