PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys..i Really Need Some Help

pheonixphire
07-12-2007, 04:44 AM
so here is the low down..some how i conviced my SO to grow out his hair..he has lovely hair..its a very loose curl pattern. when i say curl i mean he has perfectly shaped curls..especiallu in the back and at the saides..the hair at the top of his head is more wavy then anything else. it dosent really form perfect curls like the rest of his head..his curls are pretty limp there. he has a healthy head o fhair..but i am running out of ideas of what to do with him. if he were a girl i could hook him up..but since he is a guy he afrid to do too much with hair since he works at an office. i keep telling him i could braid hs hair and it would look preofessinal but he is too afraid to wear braids..plus he thinks they might not look good on him (which i think is his biggest fear) i will try to include a picture of him so you guys can get a feel of what kind of hair i am talkin bout..i am thinking of doing som comb twists but i dont htink they will stay (plus i have never done them before and and i am afrid they will not come out right)
he usually wears his hair loose..brushed to the back..betrys to wear it froy but its just so floppy lol..
its so wild..
funnny..if his hair were much more courser like mine is i would know what to do with it..but his hair is fine and much more curlier then i am used to dealing with. he says he is bored with it but he dosnt want to cut it off..he wants to see how long he can grow it..in the mean tim ei need to find something to do with it becasue he cant brush it all summer cuz it turns into a frizzy mess.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/pheonixphire/music%20people/inroom.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/pheonixphire/music%20people/097.jpg

this is his usually brushed back style *shrug*
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/pheonixphire/music%20people/038.jpg

Scrills
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
hmm, this is a hard one. Have you tried checking hair mags for men's styles? comb/finger coils are the only style i can think of that might work for an office

Ameka
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
lock it up! Cornrow it up!

Have you guys at least tried the braids on him? Like on a weekend or something, so if he doesn't like it, he could take it right on out.....

GoodT
07-12-2007, 06:10 PM
you can definitely do comb/finger coils in his hair... During my freshman year of college, there was a a guy named Josh with that same texture... And I started his locs (he never thought he'd be able to loc cuz his hair was so soft, but thanks to my weekly tlc, three years later he has a beautiful head a long locs) ... he can definitely do comb coils!! And i think it'll be professional for the office...

pheonixphire
07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
lock it up! Cornrow it up!

Have you guys at least tried the braids on him? Like on a weekend or something, so if he doesn't like it, he could take it right on out.....
[/b]
i have been trying to get him to let me do it..but he won't i dont understand why. i am wondering if he thinks there is a sterotype that gose along with men who braid..but he wont let me braid his hair..i am still trying though cuz it took a while to convince him that he would look good with longer hair.
and locs are out of the question..he will not loc his hair period lol.

you can definitely do comb/finger coils in his hair... During my freshman year of college, there was a a guy named Josh with that same texture... And I started his locs (he never thought he'd be able to loc cuz his hair was so soft, but thanks to my weekly tlc, three years later he has a beautiful head a long locs) ... he can definitely do comb coils!! And i think it'll be professional for the office...
[/b]
yes that is what i am leaning towrds..
i think he is still learning to love his longer hair..i mean he defintly loves it..he LOVES having his hair longer..its been short his whole life and thi sis still new to him. so naturally as a guy he is not used to having styling options becasue h eis not used ot having hair lol. i think i will try to coil his hair when he is over next..
did you have to use a very stiff holding proudct on your friends hair? i think if he sees himself with some nice coils i could probably ease him into something else.
we go over pictures together..i have shown him plenty of guys with single strand twists as well as double strand twists and he says he thinks its office appropriate..he says he likes the styles i ahve shown him thus far..so i think we just have to sit down and do it..but i think he is a lot more nervous then he is trying to show. he says hair is hair but he is so picky whne it comes to his lol..so we will see. i thnk imight try it this weekend..hopefully i'll get a pic to share..
keep up the suggestions ladis..if you come across pics please do share.

Cheleigh
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
My first thought was finger coils too.

snellie
07-12-2007, 09:10 PM
He can always wear a ponytail when his hair gets longer. That's what I see a lot of men with his texture do. He'd look great with cornrows too! Talk him into it!

pheonixphire
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
He can always wear a ponytail when his hair gets longer. That's what I see a lot of men with his texture do. He'd look great with cornrows too! Talk him into it!
[/b]
yeah his hair is loeads longer then it looks in thos epictures..and those are recent..i pull his hair back in a sleek pony when he is with me and i like how it looks on him..he likes it too..the only problem is when heis not with me it dosnt look so sleek lol. even when he brushes his hair back its never as good as when i do it lol...i keep trying to teach him how to do it oon his own..but he figures thats what i am for lol. we dont live togetehr yet thoughso i am not around him all the time to be doing his hair..i told him if he wants me to tkae care of it for hi then getting his hair twiste dor braided would make more sence becasue then he wouldnt have to do anything to it at all and i could do it fo rhim on the weekends..i think i might be able to talk him into it..we'll see this weekend.

GoodT
07-13-2007, 11:23 AM
yes that is what i am leaning towrds..
i think he is still learning to love his longer hair..i mean he defintly loves it..he LOVES having his hair longer..its been short his whole life and thi sis still new to him. so naturally as a guy he is not used to having styling options becasue h eis not used ot having hair lol. i think i will try to coil his hair when he is over next..
did you have to use a very stiff holding proudct on your friends hair? i think if he sees himself with some nice coils i could probably ease him into something else.
we go over pictures together..i have shown him plenty of guys with single strand twists as well as double strand twists and he says he thinks its office appropriate..he says he likes the styles i ahve shown him thus far..so i think we just have to sit down and do it..but i think he is a lot more nervous then he is trying to show. he says hair is hair but he is so picky whne it comes to his lol..so we will see. i thnk imight try it this weekend..hopefully i'll get a pic to share..
keep up the suggestions ladis..if you come across pics please do share.
[/b]
i didn't put anything stiff on his hair... i just used water and some cocoa butter(very little cocoa butter) i just used it to moisturize his scalp... but after you wash it, just comb through it and finger coil it... the curls will come out quite juicy in the beginning... But eventually, they'll chill... Good luck and I wanna see pics!!