Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there's gotta be something else going on there. I was told one time that I was too big, but I later saw the dude with a chica much, much, much bigger than me....so....I'm still confused.

If I was in her place, heck no I wouldn't break up over that! I would love playing in my man's hair and asking him for hair growth and retention tips. LOL
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's crazy! I LOVE guys with long hair... What a silly reason to break up with someone. And I think the jealousy thing is due to her lack of self-esteem!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesnt really matter to me. Ive dated lots of guys. When I did my big chop, I dated an Indian guy who had Bieber-like hair. I guess he didnt mind that my hair was short, he never complained
    Thats a really silly reason to break up with someone. *smh*. My people....

SarahJ is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Hi. In the Black community, we know the old, outdated beauty standard of light skin and long hair. Unfortunately, some young women still have that mindset. They are living under oppressive thinking. They have damaged self esteem and damage self worth because of such foolishness.

It's sad really. His girlfriend could not see her own natural beauty. She was beautiful just the way she was.

Young ladies, know that you are beautiful and worthy just because you were created. Your hair, complexion, or your size doesn't matter. You are wonderful and fabulous just as your are.
    I love all your inspirational advice(:
    this made me smile and made my day(:
    Im having that problem now,I think Im to light to be black,cuz everybody think Im mixed,which Im not.and I think because I got short hair it aint pretty and cuz I got two textures(straight n natural)my hair is ugly. But,reading what you said,Im trippin.I need to be happy with the hair and skin I have,God made me this way for a reason(:
    Thanks,for the inspiration Chachadiva(:

SarahJ is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I love dreads(:,so yes,I would date a guy who has longer hair then me.It wouldnt bother me,cuz Id be able to play with his hair.ha and what he say is what he get,so he'd have to deal with my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajincajunfire View Post

The more hair, the more fun; sign me up!

Ok bookie!! The longer the hair the more fun my fingers have while he's in *clears throat* compromising positions. How old are they bc that really sounds like some teenage drama...
    Last Relaxer: May 2010
    BC: 10-23-2010
    www.youtube.com/user/sistajmoe
    www.twitter.com/sistajmoe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Hi. In the Black community, we know the old, outdated beauty standard of light skin and long hair. Unfortunately, some young women still have that mindset. They are living under oppressive thinking. They have damaged self esteem and damage self worth because of such foolishness.

It's sad really. His girlfriend could not see her own natural beauty. She was beautiful just the way she was.

Young ladies, know that you are beautiful and worthy just because you were created. Your hair, complexion, or your size doesn't matter. You are wonderful and fabulous just as your are.
    Thanks So Much! You are so correct, my step brother is caucasian and did not understand why she was so upset with the fact she was upset. I read this to him and explained it as well. Turns out she does have the opressed thinking. He is planning to move on with some one who is confident within theirself. This was insipiring to me as well. Thanks again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done it before and I'll do it again. I love men with long hair, even if my hair is super short. I don't get jealous of their hair being longer than mine, because my hair length is how I want it and I like it and he either likes it or doesn't care.
    xoxox

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajincajunfire View Post
    Breaking up over hair length? That sounds absolutely absurd.

The more hair, the more fun; sign me up!
    ITA...his girlfriend must have been very vain, and stupid. He should have thanked her for the favor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my cousin has short relaxed hair and her maldo ex boyfriend has long loosely curled hair and it was never an issue between those two. they had other issues lmao! 0_0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast