Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to have to get in on this too! I'll update everyone on what I end up getting

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    @micheli: expounding begins!

I cosign afroknots! Use of ceramides have done wonders for the strength and quality of my hair. I decided to use ceramides after reading her posts, as well as posts my niece [nasdaq diva] made on the subject maybe two years ago.

I'd lost all my hair due to chemo treatments almost two years prior, so I was interested in ways to nurse my new hair as it grew back in. So....I did read [and reread] the first ceramide thread. I decided to use sunflower oil mixed with my usual oils [Vatika and/or jojoba] in my deep conditioner and sealing oils.

Result: I went from maybe 4" in Aug 2010...to a little over 13" now. My hairdresser has commented on how much stronger my hair is now than it was before. Now...do I know what the length and health of my hair would have been w/out ceramides? I don't. *shrugs* All I know is that on my hair, in the time I've been using ceramides, I seen only positive benefits....lessened shedding and breakage.

Wow, your growth is amazing. I will re-examine my own usage of these oils with more regularity. Though I've had some good growth, I've also had to cut a lot of hair off in an effort to eliminate this awful pregnancy hair. Now that my "normal" hair is back, I look forward to seeing what ceramides can do for my hair.
    Let the growing begin!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ micheli: A more accurate length of my hair in 2010 was 4" to 6". Don't want to mislead anyone.

Here's some pics that may help keep this in perspective because we all know, you mileage may vary:

February 2011 twistout
    January 15 2012
    [mojito chica helped] boxbraids
    Last edited by OHR; 01-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ohr: nasdaq diva is your niece. her thread on lhcf really is what led me to use ceramides. i was hooked on reading that thread for weeks. and thats when i took the plunge and started using sunflower oil.

and my hair was really having some issues with knots, split ends, incomplete splits and breakage. my hair is way more healthy and stronger. i have way less knots and splits than i did. oh and the sheen my hair has is ridiculous (people always comment on it even when its looking crazy).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    @ohr: nasdaq diva is your niece. her thread on lhcf really is what led me to use ceramides. i was hooked on reading that thread for weeks. and thats when i took the plunge and started using sunflower oil.
    Ahhhh!! Yep, she's my #2 Niece. She'd been after me for months about using ceramides...what they were, what they do, etc. The e-world isn't as broad as we think, eh? I'll have to mention this next time I see her.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ no its not that broad. lol. i'm so glad she came up with that thread because i don't think i would have tried ceramides otherwise. i mean i glossed over that thread for awhile and then i decided to read it and it was on from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say that within a month and half time my hair is definitely stronger and shiny. I never use to have shine like I have now since I started using safflower and sunflower oil. My hair has never felt stronger, I was having some breakage issues right before I started using it and since using them I havent really had a problem with it. I've been using it right after I shower on my body as well. I oil my scalp apply a leave in and then seal with it, I do this about every other day or 3x times a week. Also I got a bottle of safflower oil at whole food for $4.99 so it wasnt expensive to get it.
    Last edited by NowIamNappy; 01-24-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Old SN name Soontobenappy
    Transition period 10-6-07 to 6-20-08
    BC 6-20-08 100% Nappy and Loving it!!
    http://members.fotki.com/soontobenappy/ - Finally Updated 4-2013
    Check me on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/NowIAmNappy?feature=mhum

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I guess I'm in...there's no TJMaxx near me so I bought some organic sunflower oil yesterday and added it to my current oil mix (which is basically this recipe minus the jojoba oil). I will use this on my hair every morning when I take it down (from braids or the modified pineapple).

Last weekend I shampooed and did a protein treatment using (Sally's version of) Joico K-Pak. I do this once a month; I'll make sure I keep on using protein treatments with ceramides.

Question: If this helps regulate porosity, then theoretically I should expect less frizz and shrinkage in humid environments, right? Because last summer drove me crazy...kept trying to wear a BAA and it kept shrinking to a TWA...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im on board now. Just picked up some wheat germ oil.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    @ micheli: A more accurate length of my hair in 2010 was 4" to 6". Don't want to mislead anyone.

Here's some pics that may help keep this in perspective because we all know, you mileage may vary:

February 2011 twistout
    January 15 2012
    [mojito chica helped] boxbraids
    Dang sis, gimme some of that hair. It's a small world, didn't know nasdaq diva was your niece, she's a wealth of info. I started using wheat germ & grapeseed oils last year and stopped so they'll be back in my rotation when I wash next weekend.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast