Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help! crunch/dry/damaged/colored Locs!

I've posted a while back about my situation but the caption says it all!

I got a bleach about a year ago and I don't think the chick knew what she was doing because this wasn't my first bleach but it was the first time I had these effects! I was dissatisfied with the results of the color and rinsed over it. Which may not have been wise.

I've tried creating a homemade spritz like so many of the other nappturals do but nothing has changed! If I spray in the mornings by bed time it's like I haven't done a thing so i tried 2 times a day and it is still dry!!!

my ingredients are: aloe Vera gel, distilled water, glycerin, rose water, 100% olive oil and tea tree oil.

I sleep with a satin cap at nights.

I shampoo with dr. Bronners lavender shampoo
    conditioned with organic root stimulator deep conditioner or dr. Miracles

I don't know where I may be going wrong any suggestions would be awesome!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey girl,
    sorry this is happening to your hair.

dr. bronner's shampoos tend to be drying on my hair because of its PH levels. i would definitely change the shampoo to one that is ultra moisturizing and is specifically made for colored hair, like these ::

basically a shampoo that seeks to balance the PH levels in your hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I will look into this I've been searching for moisturizing shampoos well natural ones and it has been tough!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's real tough, but our regimens really develop through trial and error - best of luck girl

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you deep condition your hair? A weekly deep conditioning might help. I don't know how this option will work for you but I have good luck with shampoo bars from chagrin valley.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used against you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLotusGirl View Post
    Do you deep condition your hair? A weekly deep conditioning might help. I don't know how this option will work for you but I have good luck with shampoo bars from chagrin valley.
    I have done different conditioners but excuse my ignorance can you give me an explanation for deep conditioning....I never was fully clear on that bit.... I tried garnier fructis clear leave in only because it was clear and was for color treated hair but that junk felt so slippery I don't know what it did! Then after each wash I tried dr. Miracles deep conditioning treatment, or the ORS olive oil deep penetrating conditioner...I don't know if they would qualify. They weren't bad I can't really remember why I stopped using them lol but maybe it was to find a more natural means of conditioning...

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your spritz is gr8-but i would take out the glycerine(very sticky and attracts dirt/lent0! Try sealing in the moisture goodness with a light oil-such as jojoba oil or grape seed. Drop Dr. B's. It is known to be drying. Substitute with some diluted African Black Soap to shampoo. Condition with a herbal tea to combat the dryness. It works.
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 03-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnottyAuthor View Post
    Your spritz is gr8! Try sealing in the moisture goodness with a light oil-such as jojoba oil or grape seed. Drop Dr. B's. It is known to be drying. Substitute with some diluted African Black Soap to shampoo. Condition with a herbal tea to combat the dryness. It works.

Thanks! I will give it a try... Any suggestions of where I can snag some "real" products cause I know there are a lot of black soap "gimmicks". I'm in the process of major trial and error.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would sell you some-but the cost wouldnt be worth it. I get mine from www.afrikanrepublic.com

Soap

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackempress View Post
    I have done different conditioners but excuse my ignorance can you give me an explanation for deep conditioning....I never was fully clear on that bit.... I tried garnier fructis clear leave in only because it was clear and was for color treated hair but that junk felt so slippery I don't know what it did! Then after each wash I tried dr. Miracles deep conditioning treatment, or the ORS olive oil deep penetrating conditioner...I don't know if they would qualify. They weren't bad I can't really remember why I stopped using them lol but maybe it was to find a more natural means of conditioning...
    When I deep condition I use either warmed up olive oil or a mix of whatever conditioner I'm using and some mayo, yes mayo, and saturate my hair with it, put a shower cap on, put a winter hat on over it, and then I wrap a towel around that. I keep it on until I can't stands it anymore and then I shampoo. I do it once a month but I'm reading things that suggest doing it weekly or biweekly and doing an oil based treatment for 20 or so mins before each wash.

I'm no expert but that's my take on it.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used against you.