Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at work still pulling a late niter (just till 7:30)

complained today about getting so many new duties that i dont get prep anymore.

one of "coverage" classes (read--> liberty as permanent sub for it) was taken away b/c they finally hired someone.
    Then got an email about how i'm the new Speech teacher.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at work still pulling a late niter (just till 7:30)

complained today about getting so many new duties that i dont get prep anymore.

one of "coverage" classes (read--> liberty as permanent sub for it) was taken away b/c they finally hired someone.
    Then got an email about how i'm the new Speech teacher.
    [/b]
    Now you know that ain't right! 5 more months and counting...

I'll be praying for everyone's students as well. Please keep me in your thoughts. I've been having mainly good days; however, I'm still on the fence about teaching long term. Time for some LOA action! lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang Liberty! All I can say is 1) woo-sah! 2) contact your local education association if you feel that strongly about not having a prep period.

The last couple of days have been great! The annoying students had in school suspension (ALC), and one has been sent to an alternative school (where they apparently have to dress up) for two weeks! I wish they'd keep her butt! :lol:

Meanwhile, I'm wearing my nightclothes inside out and praying for snow...at least enough to keep those buses off the roads in the morning!
    <div align="center">"I don't follow the crowd...I lead it."
    Last CFC: 9/10/05
    Napptural since 8/6/06

Pink since 6/07!
    Fotki updated 10/19/08
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks for those of you sending best wishes my way. It&#39;s greatly appreciated. On the flip side:
    Thank goodness for having Friday and Monday off!!!! WhooHoo. I&#39;m sure looking forward to it, since I pulled both hall duty and bus duty this week! :P

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this point i&#39;m just laughing. i went OFF last nite about covering testing today. but i&#39;m just done. i know this is just God confirming for me what i already know.. it&#39;s time to leave. so i&#39;m listenin and tryna get my ducks in a row.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your prayers... the particular situation w/a student is progressing positvely. DHS was supposed to have come for the child, but they haven&#39;t. All I can do is show the child as much love as I can. Quite a week for a first year teacher, I must say.

Anyway, another student blew chunks on my pumps today! uke2: lol... (wow)

Overall, another positive week. Tomorrow is what I&#39;ve dubbed "FABULOUS FRIDAY" where we get all our tests done and spend the latter half having fun... so I&#39;m looking forward to it... AND THIS THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DAY WEEKEND!!!

*sighs* ^_^
    a daughter, lover, teacher, poet
    a human being Divine &
    learning this living I'm loving

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve been teaching a struggling, far below grade-level student up to this point who can only read 3 letter (and some 4 letter) words. This is the second grade.

ok so his mom picks him up after school the other day and I suggest that she immediately put him in intensive tutoring and that we get his hearing/sight tested for an individual education plan. I ask her about how much time does she spend reading to/reading with/listening to her son read?

Her reply (matter-of-factly)...

"Oh. We don&#39;t read at home."

<_<

At that point I forgot that I put too much faith in some of these parents. Can&#39;t blame the child.

<div align="center">ON ANOTHER NOTE:</div>

Can anyone recommend any online websites that offer resources/help with teaching children how to NOT write letters/numbers backward? I&#39;ve got two students who need assistance in this area. Example, instead of d, they read/write b... 5/7&#39;s are backward... etc. Thanks!
    a daughter, lover, teacher, poet
    a human being Divine &
    learning this living I'm loving

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve been teaching a struggling, far below grade-level student up to this point who can only read 3 letter (and some 4 letter) words. This is the second grade.

ok so his mom picks him up after school the other day and I suggest that she immediately put him in intensive tutoring and that we get his hearing/sight tested for an individual education plan. I ask her about how much time does she spend reading to/reading with/listening to her son read?

Her reply (matter-of-factly)...

"Oh. We don&#39;t read at home."

<_<

At that point I forgot that I put too much faith in some of these parents. Can&#39;t blame the child.

<div align="center">ON ANOTHER NOTE:
    Can anyone recommend any online websites that offer resources/help with teaching children how to NOT write letters/numbers backward? I&#39;ve got two students who need assistance in this area. Example, instead of d, they read/write b... 5/7&#39;s are backward... etc. Thanks!
    [/b][/quote]
    A question: Are you the special ed teacher in your building? If not, I&#39;m sure the sped teach can steer you in the best direction. One website that is helpful is LDonline.com. Good luck with your second grader. I have a 7th grader who is dyslexic and has reversals all of the time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We&#39;ve started semester exams, which will continue through next week. My students will also turn in poetry projects. I&#39;ll have all test grades in, so I can focus solely on the projects. I am going to create a rubric for easier grading. I am sooooo excited about this 3-day weekend because I was peeved we didn&#39;t get snow like we were supposed to. <_<

OneBlood, get used to students upchucking in class. I had at least one each year I taught high school...haven&#39;t had any middle schoolers to do it yet. It&#39;s definitely gross, but we have to be the bigger person, get maintenance to clean it up, and move on...otherwise, the kids will spend the rest of the time gagging about commenting on the incident. :lol:
    <div align="center">"I don't follow the crowd...I lead it."
    Last CFC: 9/10/05
    Napptural since 8/6/06

Pink since 6/07!
    Fotki updated 10/19/08
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ladies,

I had to substitute for a week in a fourth grade class because the regular teacher is very ill! I have to admit that the week started off very interesting learning all of the children&#39;s different behaviors and getting them to focus on me and not play the "my teacher is out let&#39;s play with the sub game" :Angry: The school asked me to come back next week and continue to sub for the sick teacher until she returns to the classroom. I feel more confident going back to the same class after being with them for a full week! They have learned more about me and vice versa. At the moment the school&#39;s not sure when the regular teacher will return because she&#39;s in the hospital getting treatment for her illness. I am wishing her all the best in her recovery, and hopefully she will be able to return to the classroom soon~

I am so happy for the three day weekend!! :wub: I have some planning to do for next week, and I have to make myself more familiar with the teacher editions of the text books. But I plan ontaking some time to relax and do some things that I enjoy this weekend! I may stay in my PJ&#39;s, drink tea, and read chick lit! I am encouraged to learn Spanish based on the fact that many students in Georgia are ESL students. I think that it will help me when looking for a full-time teaching job!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people&#39;s limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won&#39;t exist because you&#39;ll have already shut it out. You can hear other people&#39;s wisdom, but you&#39;ve got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast